Cliffs of Moher
ONE OF IRELAND’S MOST STUNNING TOURIST SITESThe Cliffs of Moher offer spectacular views of the ocean, surrounding area and wildlife and are only an hour’s drive from the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Limerick. The cliffs stretch 8 kilometres along the Atlantic coast of County Clare, and at their highest point the cliffs reach 214 metres. We recommend that you set aside at least two hours for your visit.
What to see at the Cliffs of Moher
On a clear day, you have a wonderful view of the Aran Islands, Twelve Pins Mountain Range and Loop Head. The Cliffs of Moher have 600 metres of pathways and three stunning viewing platforms for you to explore. There’s also a Visitor’s Centre with exhibits, kids area, on-site facilities, café and souvenir shops.
Depending on which time of year you visit you’ll get to see an array of coastal wildlife.
- Puffins can be seen between March and July
- Spot Humpback whales, sharks and dolphins in the Fall.
Fun for all
Movie fans are also in for a treat as the Cliffs have stood in as a backdrop for “Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince” and “The Princess Bride” films.
Plan your visit from the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Limerick
- Download a free audio guided tour to your smartphone for (available in English, German, French and Irish).
- Open all year round between 09:00 and 17:00 (open later during the summer months, check the website for specific times)
- It’s busiest from 11.00 to 16.00
- It may be closed due to extreme weather conditions so check before travel
- Book your tickets online to guarantee entry during peak periods
- Easy access for prams and wheelchairs
- Ticket prices range from £4 - £6Children under 16 are free when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Ticket include entry to public areas of the Centre, the Cliffs exhibition, cliff pathways and platforms, a site map and parking
- Dogs are only allowed on the visitor centre grounds, however they are not allowed in the Visitor’s Center or on the walking trails
- Day tours by bus available from Limerick City Centre
- Parking available at the cliffs (included in the price of admission to the Visitor Centre)