Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization of the Radisson Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Some RB activities and achievements of this hotel
- A 12-hour Treadmill Challenge to support World Childhood Foundation
- Abseil of Thomond Park Stadium for Self Help Africa by 7 hotel staff
- Alzheimer's Tea Day
- Collection for UNCHR
- Milford Hospice Coffee Morning
- New colored bins for kitchen for recycling
- Planned clean-up of local area
- Shoe Box Appeal for Christmas
- Staff brought in bric-a-brac for the Milford Hospice Fair
- Staff table quiz to aid multiple sclerosis