The London Eye
TOP ATTRACTION AT THE TOP OF LONDON
What began as a millennial celebration and temporary attraction in 2000, has now become one of the most popular permanent attractions in London. The London Eye stands tall and proud at 135 metres on the banks of the Thames and is just 20 minutes from the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, offering spectacular views of the city.
The winner of over 85 awards for national and international tourism, outstanding architectural quality and engineering achievements, the London Eye is ideal for family outings and romantic trips.
What to see from the London Eye
From one of the London Eye’s 32 capsules, you can enjoy views for up to 25 miles on a clear day and see famous sites such as Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament and the Shard.
There is no commentary on this 30-minute rotation, but information about the various landmarks can be explored for free on interactive tablets. While food and drinks aren’t allowed in the capsules, special events such as chocolate tasting, whisky tasting and champagne packages are available for purchase.
Good to know before you go
We recommend that you buy your tickets beforehand and arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled ride time. Note that there are separate lines for buying tickets and boarding.
For the best prices, book online before going or use your phone to buy your ticket while at the attraction and save money on the spot. For an extra charge, you can purchase a “skip the line” ticket if you don’t want to wait.
For the ultimate experience, you can even rent a private capsule for £380 for special occasions. This option must be booked in advance.
Plan your visit from the Radisson Blu Portman Hotel
- Open daily, but times vary depending on season
- Summer 10:00 – 20:30
- Winter 11:00 – 18:00
- Special hours for Valentine’s Day, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve – Visit here for more information
- If you plan on visiting Madam Tussauds, London Aquarium, the London Dungeon or Shrek’s Adventure, we suggest you consider buying a Merlin Pass for extra discounts.
- On-site tickets for adults start from approximately £26
- Nearest tube station is Westminster, 2 stops from Bond Street on the Jubilee Line