Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson-Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Carlson-Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Support the Green Tourism Business Scheme
Hundreds of businesses seek to reduce their environmental impact through the Green Tourism Business Scheme. Businesses are awarded bronze, silver and gold accreditation for efforts to be more environmentally responsible. The hotel currently awaits its accreditation grade.
RB activities and achievements
- Green Committee comprised of a team member from every department
- Monitoring gas, electricity, water and waste
- Motion sensors and timers in low-use areas
- Preventative maintenance programme
- RB month activities like staff well-being initiatives and fundraising for the World Childhood Foundation and the Make-a-Wish Foundation
- Recycling of batteries, fluorescent light bulbs, cardboard, paper and glass
- Water-flow restrictor taps