Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
LUBECK HOTEL PRACTICES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include
- Awards for Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year
- Blood donations for employees, guests and neighbors
- Cooking classes for children
- Honored as one of the 5 best apprenticing companies in Lubeck
- Installation of water-saving aerators in all bathrooms and pool area
- Recycling of paper and cardboard, glass, plastic, metal, printer cartridges, organic waste and batteries
- Regular safety and security training for employees on first aid, fire protection, safety engineering and use of portable heart defibrillators
- Responsible Business training for staff
- Steps to improve energy efficiency, including use of energy-efficient light bulbs, single-switch lighting in guest rooms and control mode for hotel's outside lighting
- Support of cultural and social institutions
- Use of eco-friendly detergents