RADISSON BLU IN MAMALLAPURAM PRACTICES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
The Radisson Blu Resort in Mamallapuram runs a safe, engaged hotel abiding by the following standards:
Community and social responsibility
- Clothing and linens are regularly collected and donated to charity organizations and schools.
- Guests are provided optional bicycles for local sightseeing.
- The hotel has organized blood donation since 2008 and receives an annual certificate of recognition from the Jeevan Blood Bank & Research Center.
- The hotel promotes local suppliers by purchasing stone artifacts, fruits and vegetables and by using local musicians and dancers for guest entertainment.
- This hotel takes great pride in protecting olive ridley sea turtles and preserving their eggs, with staff trained to protect them from predators; the hotel was awarded a certificate by an olive ridley conservation organization.
- The hotel encourages staff to educate their children by reimbursing school fees.
- Underprivileged individuals who enroll in the hotel’s GRT Hospitality Academy receive 100% job security.
- Eco-friendly vehicles like buggies, tricycles and bicycles are used on premises by guests and team members.
- This hotel is EarthCheck Silver Certified.
- The hotel’s enhanced gray water system, in use for more than five years, saves over 21,912 kiloliters of water annually.
- SAB (Sediment Accumulator in Beach) technology protects the beach from erosion.
- The hotel’s restaurant and events catering provide healthy food options and local produce.
- The resort trains security staff to use its automated external defibrillator (AED) for sudden cardiac arrest.