We are proud to be a Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with charity groups and in particular an international charity organization called "Just a drop". The mission of the foundation is to support children of the world by bringing to them sanitized water which will transform their lives.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include
- Certified by the Green Key eco-label
- Energy-saving light bulbs throughout the property
- Engaged with local events and charity organizations such as project pieces jaunes, opération cartable, un toit pour les abeilles, Octobre Rose and Earth Hour
- Selective sorting and recycling
Past RB actions
- Bottle plug recycling
- Cleaning the National Park Les Calanques
- Earth Hour
- Free meals for 100 people of "Les Cuistots Du Cœur". Auction for the association to renovate and decorate the play areas for kids at the "Hôpital Nord"
- Meeting room rental free of charge for the association "Graines de Tournesol" - an association for kids that are at the "La Timone" hospital
- Prize drawing for the association "Graines de Joie" to help kids
- Re-use of towels by clients in their bedrooms: Every 250 towels reused helps one child have drinking water
- School bag action - at check-out we ask our clients to add one Euro to their invoice to buy school supplies for kids
- Voucher for two nights in a Vieux Port room from the prize drawing of the Red Cross's gala dinner
- Voucher for two nights in a Vieux Port room for the party "Du Gefluc" - against cancer
- We are godfathers of a bee hive via the association "Un Toit pour les Abeilles"
- World Water Day: 20% savings of our carbon offset and the water used for the breakfast for the Blu Planet action
100% green energy
Our hotels aim to minimize their impact on the planet.
One important contribution to a light footprint is the use of 100% green energy. In this way, our hotel contributes to the world’s mission to fight global warming.
EDF has integrated renewable electricity in our power grid, and the ‘Renewable Energy Guarantees of Origin’ certificates serve as evidence that 100% of our energy is from renewable sources.