Picturesque Old Town in Nice
The Old Town is a picturesque village in the heart of city. Discover attractions in a unique setting with narrow streets and colorful traditional markets. Immerse yourself in its history, which can be traced from the ancient Greek era to the present day, or discover the highlights of the Belle Epoque and the Baroque age. Come enjoy culinary specialties like Socca or pissalardière, accompanied by Bellet wine, which is grown in the hills of Nice.
- Place Massena - characterized by its red, majestic arch facade, the Place Massena is the center of the city and the heart of the famous Nice Carnival.
- Promenade du Paillon - recently opened, this friendly space with many spectacular events is a real “green lung” of the city.
- Opera de Nice - Built by the architect François Aune who was inspired by the Opera of Paris, Opéra de Nice regularly hosts significant cultural events.
- Cours Saleya - this pedestrian esplanade goes from the castle hill to the feet of the Opera. It is surrounded by restaurants and turns into a food or flower market every morning.
- Chappelle de la Miséricorde - this stunning church is considered the most beautiful baroque chapel of the city. The richness of its interior decorations, originality of its volumes and Bistolfi paintings make this place a masterpiece of architect Vittone.
- The Castle - built in the 7th century, the castle was partially destroyed by order of Louis XIV in 1706. Now, it provides one of the most stunning views on the Baie des Anges.