Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility!
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, as well as environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Green Key and Diversity CharterThe Radisson Blu Hotel, Nice has been certified with the Green Key ecolabel since 2007. Green Key is awarded to leisure organizations such as hotels, campsites, conference centers and resorts worldwide for an exceptional commitment to sustaining the environment and being involved in the community.
In 2010, the Radisson Blu Hotel, Nice pledged to support cultural, ethnic and social differences by signing the Diversity Charter. The charter is designed to promote equality, prevent discrimination and raise awareness of diversity issues among staff and guests.
This hotel's RB activities and achievements includeReducing
- Guests may opt to re-use towels and have bed linens changed every other day to save energy and water.
- Suppliers are asked to decrease the amount of packaging in deliveries.
- Brochures, menus and other paper handouts are printed on both sides whenever possible.
- Frying oil is collected for reuse by a certified company.
- Gently used hotel furniture, bedding and equipment are donated to charities such as Emmaus and Samu Social.
- The hotel recycles paper, cardboard, glass, plastic bottles, printer cartridges, magnetic cards and batteries.
- A fifth of the hotel's electricity comes from renewable sources through a special contractor, Equilibre.
- Lights in public areas have an energy-saving night mode.
- Outside lighting is controlled automatically with light sensors.
- The hotel uses energy-efficient light bulbs.
- All staff members are trained in fire alert management and evacuation operations.
- Dedicated staff members are trained by the French Red Cross to perform first aid in case of a medical emergency (including use of a Heart Start defibrillator).
- Safety and security is managed through TRIC: Threat Assessment, Risk Evaluation, Incident Response, and Crisis Management and Communication.
- Each September (Responsible Business Month), the hotel raises money for the World Childhood Foundation.
- In cooperation with guests, the hotel turns off all lights in the restaurant for the annual Earth Hour.
- Staff members and children from a nearby school, Sainte Helene, spend a day cleaning the beach during the annual “Clean Nature” initiative.
- The hotel collects clothing from staff to distribute to charities.
- The hotel donates to Association Les Amis des Enfants. Founded by Sœur Emmanuelle in Nice in 2004, the organization raises funds for children in Sudan.
- The hotel sponsors local organizations such as Handi Club Pomponiana in Hyères, a member of the French Handisport Federation that helps children with disabilities become involved in sports.
We encourage guests to
- Draw the curtains to keep heat in the room during colder months and out of the room in hotter ones.
- Offset carbon emissions associated with their stay through the loyalty program Club CarlsonSM.
- Put used batteries in collection boxes at reception.
- Switch off all appliances in guest rooms.
- Use public transportation (bus, train, tramway or Vélo Bleu) for sightseeing or local transportation.
- Use the available cards to let staff know that it is not necessary to change sheets and towels every day.
100% green energy
Our hotels aim to minimize their impact on the planet.
One important contribution to a light footprint is the use of 100% green energy. In this way, our hotel contributes to the world’s mission to fight global warming.
EDF has integrated renewable electricity in our power grid, and the ‘Renewable Energy Guarantees of Origin’ certificates serve as evidence that 100% of our energy is from renewable sources.