Shopping and attractions near the hotel
Only 10 minutes away from the hotel is Jessheim Storsenter, one of the largest shopping malls in Norway. Surrounding the hotel are a wide range of airport amenities and several places to go out at night, and the city center of Oslo is only 20 minutes away via the Airport Express Train.
Admire the treasures from aviation's early days and rare World War II aircrafts at the Norwegian Armed Forces Aircraft Collection. The historic Eidsvoll House is easily reached from Oslo Airport, where the Norwegian Constitution was adopted in 1814. Jessheim, one of the largest urban areas in the district, is nearby as well. For a day trip, take the Airport Express train to Lillestrom, a cultural hub just outside Oslo.
- SAS Museum – Located at Oslo Airport Gardermoen, within walking distance from the hotel, with exhibits which represent an important part of the Scandinavian civil aviation history.
- Norwegian Armed Forces Aircraft Collection – 4km. A collection of 40 planes, including Norways first ‘Start’ plane and the armed forces’ fighter jets used during the cold war.
- Ullensaker Museum – 4km. Explore 250 years of military history, as well as heirlooms of the Ullensaker district.
- Jessheim – 11 km. The closest city to the hotel boasts one of the country’s largest shopping malls, Ullensaker Kulturhus, which is home to a library and cinema, as well as several restaurants and cafés.
- Eidsvollsbygningen – 27 km. For Norwegians it is one of the most important national symbols, inextricably tied to the constitution, independence and the dramatic events of 1814.
- Norway Trade Fairs in Lillestrom – 36 km. An arena hosting exhibitions, conferences, banquets, events and concerts, promoting Norwegian industry and commerce.
- Oslo city center - 47 km. After a quick train ride be ready to explore Karl Johan, the city’s main street, bring the kids to the Natural History Museum or enjoy the view of the beautiful Oslo Fjord from Aker Brygge, the historic wharf.