We’re proud to be a Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization recognized by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Responsible Business activities and achievements
- General Manager’s monthly letter with RB information
- Folder with information about RB work and policy in all guest rooms
- Promotion of RB program in hotel’s contracts
- RB Fact Sheet used in all sales activities
- Support of organic and ecological products, primarily in the breakfast room
- Each September, the hotel arranges From Children to Children Day for children of employees to run the hotel and host different events for children from neighboring schools.
- The hotel supports Fattighuset in Oslo by handing out food supplies.
- The hotel collects Christmas gifts donated to NAV Ullensaker and SAS Juleflyet.
- The hotel supports Carlson Hotels Worldwide, the biggest investor in its commitment to charity.
- The hotel cooperates with the city of Oslo, and in the event of a crisis, it becomes a support center for relatives and friends in need.
- The hotel seeks to limit the negative environmental impact of operations by controling energy consumption and water consumption and waste generation.
- To help the hotel achieve its environmental goals, the RB Activity Calendar targets various challenges and indicates activities to execute throughout the year.
Having received the Green Key Eco-label, our hotel continues to play an active role in protecting the planet's environment.
The hotel and its staff have implemented and continue to practice an effective environmental policy that includes guidelines for staff training as well as for the conservation of water and energy and the disposal of wastes and chemical products. Applied through employee empowerment, the policy also seeks to build supplier and customer awareness about environmental preservation. In addition to closely monitoring energy consumption, the hotel has installed waste-sorting and water-saving equipment. Staff also use environmentally friendly cleaning products. The hotel is committed to respecting nature and to contributing to environmental education.
When guests choose a hotel awarded the Green Key Eco-label, they are guaranteed a stay in a respected and preserved environment where they, too, are encouraged to participate in the green practices.