Home to several museums and the medieval Old Town, Riga is considered a cultural center known for its wooden buildings and art nouveau architecture. Cultural enthusiasts enjoy proximity to attractions such as the art museum, St. Peter’s Church and Town Hall Square, while families take advantage of the nearby zoo and Zelta Bowling Center. The Latvian National Library sits across the street, and many of the local conference centers are located less than 4 kilometers from the Radisson Blu Daugava Hotel in Riga.
- National Library of Latvia, 500 m – Contains a great collection of national literature and embraces all branches of science.
- Art Museum Riga Bourse, 1.5 km – An architectural monument of national importance, with four permanent displays; the Oriental Gallery, the Painting Gallery, the Western Gallery and the Silver Cabinet.
- Riga Russian Theatre, 1.5 km – Established in 1883, this is the oldest Russian theater in the world outside Russia, putting on Russian, Latvian and world classics, as well as young playwright’s works.
- Latvian National Opera & Ballet, 1.8 km – Performs more than 200 performances, including at least 6 new productions in the course of the season that runs from September to June.
- Kalnciema quarter, 2.1 km – A part of European wooden architecture heritage that now hosts series of cultural and business events.
- Art Nouveau district, 3.9 km – Riga is the Art Nouveau capital of Europe and this architecturally astonishing district is one of the reasons that downtown Riga is on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Motor Museum, 12.8 km – Displays more than a hundred vehicles and antique automobiles, and offers interactive exhibitions for kids.
- Ethnographic Open Air Museum, 14.4 km – Exhibits 118 folk architecture objects on the coast of the Jugla lake in Riga.
- Turaida Castle in Sigulda, 59 km – Museum rich in archeological, architectural and art monuments, which provide information about historical events in the course of one thousand years.
- Rundale Palace in Bauska, 77 km – A treasury of Baroque and Roccoco art in Latvia.
Fairground, congress centers and conference venues
- The Great Guild Hall, 1.5 km – One of the oldest and most beautiful concert halls in Riga, and home of the Latvian National Symphony Orchestra.
- The Small Guild Hall, 1.5 km – Event venue in the center of Riga’s Old Town, suitable for festive activities, conferences and a place to experience choir, soloist and classical music concerts.
- Riga Latvian Society House, 2.7 km – Events venue perfect for seminars, presentations, exhibitions, art projects, balls, weddings and more.
- Riga Congress Center, 3.3 km – Multifunctional hall interconnected with recreational space and seating for 1400 people.
- Splendid Palace, 3.4 km – Cinema where you can see Latvian film premieres, national and international film festivals, performances, concerts and enjoy opera and ballet.
- Kipsala International Exposition Center, 3.5 km – The largest specialized exhibition venue in the Baltics, perfect for all types of events and trade shows.
- Culture Palace Ziemelblazma, 16.2 km – Culture palace and Art Nouveau building which is an important center for culture in Latvia, supported by amateur artist groups.