Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
WE'RE PROUD TO BE A RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include
- Green Key eco-label - an independent and respected third-party certificate
- Installation of daylight sensors
- Towel exchange program
- Use of energy-efficient light bulbs
- Waste sorting
- Annual "national tree" planting on hotel grounds by ambassadors to Latvia
- Charity collection boxes at reception
- Contribution to the Martin's Foundation Rehabilitation Centre for Children in Riga
- Contribution to the opening of the SOS Children's Village in nearby Valmiera
- Food donation three times weekly
- Special activities during RB Action Month of September, including blood donation drives, charity collections, educational visits to green factories, tree planting and volunteer work