WE'RE PROUD TO BE A RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB action plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Activities and achievements of this hotel
- Cards placed in bathrooms to let guests know that towels will only be changed when placed on the floor
- Collecting empty batteries for recycling
- Flow-restrictor taps in order to conserve water
- Use of energy-saving lamps
- Participation in the global program of neutralization of the carbon dioxide generated during business activities, with the Carbon Footprint Foundation
- Organization of entertainment and educational activities for children on the basis of the hotel, helping with toys, medicines, stationery.
Radisson Blu Hotel, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport is a proud holder of the Green Key certificate. Green Key is a global eco-label for the leisure industry. In order to gain Green Key certification, hotels have to fulfill a list of environmental requirements aimed at reducing negative environmental impact by saving water and electricity and decreasing the amount of waste produced.
This hotel also participates in social programs to create a noticeably better environment for guests and staff.