Activity Breaks in Ireland
Sligo is situated in the most picturesque area in North West of Ireland and provides an ideal base for your activity break or to discover the Wild Atlantic Way. Make the most of your visit to Sligo with an action packed activity break. Sligo is situated in the most picturesque area in North West of Ireland and provides an ideal base for your activity break. You can enjoy surfing, blo-karting, golf, horse riding, fishing and hill walking in the area along with many other activities.
- Surfing - The North West has some of the best surfing locations in Ireland. The hotel is close to Rosses Point, Strandhill, Streedagh Strand and Bundoran which are renowned spots for surfing and other water sports. Try Sailing and Windsurfing in Rosses Point or Blokarting or surfing in Strandhill.
- Golf - Home to a number of Championship links Golf Courses in Ireland including the renowned County Sligo Golf Club which is only a few minutes’ drive away, Enniscrone, Strandhill and Murvagh Golf Clubs all within easy access to the hotel.
- Hill walking - Explore the extensive local walking trails, hills and mountains of Sligo including Knocknarea and Benbulben and Glencar Waterfall
- Horse-riding - There are extensive riding schools in Sligo including Markree Riding Stables and Island View Grange. Both schools specialise in beach rides for all ages and levels of experience.
- Family Fun - There are lots of things to do with your little one’s including: Sligo Races, Sligo Folk Park, Funny Bones and Five Star Fun Activity Centres, Eagles Flying, Dooney Rock Forest Park, Gillighans Fairy World and Sathya Sai Donkey Sanctuary
- Beaches - Sligo is surrounded with magnificent beaches including Rosses Point, Strandhill, Culleenamore, Mullaghmore, Enniscrone and Streedagh to name but a few!
- Fishing - with Sligo located beside rivers, lakes and the sea, anglers will be spoilt for choice. Lough Gill is a large Lough renowned for salmon and trout fishing. Sligo’s coastline stretching from Mullaghmore to Easkey gives every conceivable variety of fishing.
At the end of an active day retreat to the Radisson Blu Hotel and Spa, Sligo for a delicious meal in the AA Rosette awarding winning Classiebawn Restaurant or a more casual meal in Benwisken Bar . Treat yourself to a relaxing treatment in Solas Spa & Wellness Centre or work-out in Healthstyles Leisure Club.
Enjoy Activity Breaks with the Radisson Blu Hotel and Spa, Sligo
With great value Spa & Activity Breaks, Golf Packages and other special offers available you will be able to immerse yourself in your favourite activities in a stunning location when you stay with the Radisson Blu Hotel and Spa, Sligo.
Sligo Food TrailWhat makes Sligo such a fantastic foodie destination is the culture that goes hand in hand with your food experience! Food Trail members take pride in giving you fresh, local, healthy, and (where possible) organic food that nourishes your body while the scenery nurtures your soul. Artisan foods–such as cheeses, chutneys and honey–are plentiful at farmers’ markets and festivals, so you can enjoy a picnic with your loved ones while immersing yourself in the countryside.
As you drive through Sligo, you’ll witness the outstanding landscape which yields the fresh ingredients that create its exceptional cuisine: the lush green fields, the majestic mountains, the charming farms and the mighty Atlantic Ocean! Indulge your taste buds on Knocknarea honey, wild Mullaghmore lobster, Lissadell oysters, and fresh eggs from the iconic Benbulben Mountain.
These are just your appetisers! Throughout Sligo, food producers, restaurants, cafés, gastro pubs, brewers, and farmers’ markets have combined their talents to give you one of the most sensational food experiences in Ireland: the Sligo Food Trail. You can weave your own path, select your favourite delicacies, taste a locally-produced beverage and make your own special memories.
Hen and Stag SligoHen and Stag Sligo are the biggest package provider for Hens & Stags in Sligo, booking thousands of packages each year.
Their team is based in Sligo, have a chaperon looking after parties every weekend and they have exclusive rates/allocations for all their suppliers.
This means their customers get the very best packages at unbeatable prices with an unparralleled level of service.