ATTRACTIONS NEAR STANSTED AIRPORT
As well as being in a convenient spot for catching your plane, the Stansted Radisson Blu serves as the perfect home base for exploring the area.
Visit the open-air museum at Mountfichet Castle and its enclosed Norman village for a glimpse into medieval life, and be sure to explore the world’s largest collections of toys nearby at the House on the Hill Toy Museum. You can easily travel further afield to London and Cambridge with the efficient train service too.
- Stansted Airport – 0.5 km. The UK’s fourth busiest airport is right on our doorstep.
- Mountfitchet Castle & Norman Village of 1066 - 8.9 km. Visit this open-air experience and travel back 900 years to the time of the Norman conquests.
- House on the Hill Toy Museum - 9.8 km. Also part of Mountfitchet Castle, this fascinating museum started as one man’s mission to preserve British toys for future generations.
- Saffron Walden - 21.1 km. The charming medieval market town of Saffron Walden is well worth a trip.
- Audley End House and Gardens - 25.3 km. Explore this decadent Jacobean mansion house and its tranquil gardens.
- Freeport Outlet Village - 28.3 km. Pick up a designer bargain or two at Essex’s outlet village.
- Adventure Island Fun Park - 31.2 km. Make some memories at the UK’s number 1 free admission fun park.
- Duxford Airfield - 35.1 km. If aviation is your thing, visit the historic airfield and museum of aviation history at RAF Duxford.
- King's College - 47 km. King’s College in Cambridge is a wonderful example of late Gothic English architecture. Visit the chapel there, home to the world-famous Chapel choir.
- Cambridge - 48 km. Enjoy a punt down the River Cam in the beautiful university city of Cambridge.
- Cambridge University - 48 km. Visit the world-famous University of Cambridge, a renowned seat of academia since the thirteenth century.
- Trinity College - 49.2 km. Explore Trinity, a magnificent college at Cambridge University founded by Henry VIII.
- Colchester Castle - 53.5 km. Take a trip to this castle, the largest Norman Keep in Europe.
- London – 58.4 km. The UK’s bustling, vibrant, capital city is less than an hour away by train.
FESTIVALS NEAR STANSTED
- Harwich Sea Festival in Harwich - July. Celebrate maritime life in this Essex port town.
- V Festival in Chelmsford - August. V is one of the UK’s most popular mainstream music festivals.
- Cambridge Folk Festival in Cambridge - August. This eclectic music festival is so well thought of, it is broadcast live on Sky Arts and BBC radio.
- English Wine Festival in Purleigh - September. Enjoy sampling the delicious produce at one of England’s oldest vineyards.