Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charities (St. Clare's Hospice and Essex Air Ambulance) and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Sample of this hotel’s RB activities and achievements
- A preventative maintenance programme is in place, including the recording and monitoring of gas, electricity and water usage.
- As part of the hotel's commitment to recycling, batteries and fluorescent bulbs are collected and all waste is separated.
- Chefs use locally sourced ingredients.
- The hotel installed flow-restrictor taps to conserve water.
- The hotel uses motion sensors and timers in low-usage areas.
- The hotel created a proactive Green Hotel Committee, which includes a team member from every department.
- The hotel awarded RB pin badges to guests and staff who donated to the World Childhood Foundation.
- The hotel participates in Healthy Hotel Week, promoting health and well-being amongst employees and guests.
- The hotel received a gold rating from the Green Tourism Business Scheme.
- The hotel seeks to use suppliers that fulfil Responsible Business criteria.