RADISSON ROYAL HOTEL, ST. PETERSBURG PRACTICES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety. That commitment continues with the Responsible Business plan at the Radisson Royal Hotel, St. Petersburg.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization recognized by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
RB activities and achievements include:
- Collection of empty batteries and cartridges, fluorescent lights and oil for recycling
- Energy-saving devices in each room to save electricity
- Environmentally friendly cleaners from Ecolab®
- Extensive RB Action Plan
- Flow-restrictor taps to conserve water
- Preventive maintenance program
- Proactive RB team with a member from every department to involve all staff in RB activities
- RB training for all staff
- Recording and monitoring of gas, electricity and water consumption and waste generation
- Separation of waste (paper, carton, oil and other waste) for recycling
- Towels only changed when placed on the floor
- Use of energy-saving lamps
- Use of washing machines only when full to save electricity and water
Green Key recipient
People in need
The hotel also helps local children's charitable foundations, such as Korchakov Center and Zeleniy mir detstva (Green World of Childhood). The hotel supplies slippers, soap, shampoo, linens, towels, uniforms and unclaimed items from the hotel's Lost and Found area.