As we are continuously trying to improve our facilities and your comfort, the Radisson Blu Hotel Toulouse Airport has decided to modernize its rooms from July 20th to August 24th 2018. We would like to specify that there will exclusively be decoration works. The Spa access could also be changed or restricted for a few days. We appreciate your understanding. Be assured that our service level will be equal during this period.
Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
HOTEL PRACTICES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Radisson Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
The Radisson Blu Hotel Toulouse Airport has been certified with the Green Key eco-label since 2009. Green Key is a worldwide eco-label awarded to leisure organizations such as hotels, conference and holiday centers, campsites and leisure facilities.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include
Reduce - Reuse - Recycle:
- Brochures, menus and other handouts are printed on both sides when possible.
- Clothes are donated to charities such as a social center for people in disadvantaged situations.
- Frying oil is collected for re-use.
- Guests can elect to re-use towels and bed linens.
- Paper, cardboard, glass, plastic bottles, printer cartridges, magnetic cards and batteries are recycled.
- Suppliers are asked to decrease packaging.
- Lights in public areas have an energy-saving night mode.
- The hotel uses energy-efficient light bulbs.
- A formula is followed by the Radisson Hotel Group to address safety and security issues: Threat Assessment, Risk Evaluation, Incident Response and Crisis Management and Communication (TRIC).
- All staff members are trained in fire alert management and evacuation.
- Dedicated staff members are trained by the French Red Cross in emergency first aid, including use of a HeartStart defibrillator.
- Annually during the Clean Nature initiative, a staff team helps clean the Garonne River.
- Employees, customers and others are invited to donate blood annually.
- Every September (RB month), we raise money for the World Childhood Foundation.
- Staff donates clothing to charity.
- The hotel sponsors Handi Club Stade Toulousain Rugby, which belongs to the French Handisport Federation that welcomes disabled adults into sports.
- Together with guests, the hotel extinguishes all lights during Earth Hour in March.
- Draw curtains to retain or exclude heat depending on weather.
- Put used batteries in the collection boxes at reception.
- Switch off all appliances when not in use.
- Use cards placed in the rooms to let staff know it’s not necessary to change sheets and towels every day.
- Use public transportation (bus, train, tramway, shuttle).
100% green energy
Our hotels aim to minimize their impact on the planet.
One important contribution to a light footprint is the use of 100% green energy. In this way, our hotel contributes to the world’s mission to fight global warming.
EDF has integrated renewable electricity in our power grid, and the ‘Renewable Energy Guarantees of Origin’ certificates serve as evidence that 100% of our energy is from renewable sources.