Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering such areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety, and that commitment continues at this green hotel in Norway.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Raising RB awareness
- A CD with RB animation is connected to the hotel information channel in all guest rooms.
- Key wallet inserts about the RB program are distributed to every guest upon check-in.
- Postcards with RB messages are available at reception.
- Posters with 5 different RB messages are displayed in public areas and staff back areas.
- The hotel hosted a "From Children to Children" day in which children of employees ran the hotel for a day.
- The hotel has conducted 4 RB training sessions to achieve its target of having 100% of the staff trained on RB.
- Representatives from all departments assure the follow-up and implementation of RB throughout the hotel.