WE’RE PROUD TO BE A RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Radisson Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
The Radisson Blu Sobieski Hotel practices Responsible Business in the following 3 areas:
- Think planet: minimizing environmental footprint
- Think people: taking care of the health and safety of guests and employees
- Think together: respecting social and ethical issues in the company and community
- Patronage of the Tarczynska orphanage
- Participating in the Clean Up the World campaign
- Participation in the Earth Hour event by promoting energy-saving actions among guests and staff
- Various activities to save energy, including the Carslon Rezidor program “Think Planet”
- Recycling of paper, plastic and bottles on hotel property
- Towel replacement program to reduce water and chemical consumption
- Training of employees in environmental awareness and social responsibility
- Use of products provided by ecological food producers