Location near Johannesburg city center
The Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, Sandton Johannesburg is located within walking distance of exclusive shopping, public transportation and the city’s premier business district. The famous Nelson Mandela Square and the popular Sandton City shopping mall are only 500 meters from our hotel in the upscale suburb of Sandton. A complimentary shuttle service to the Sandton City shopping mall is available through the hotel.
Situated across the street from our hotel near Johannesburg’s city center, the Sandton Gautrain Station connects guests to the lively Pretoria and Soweto neighborhoods as well as the O.R. Tambo International Airport. With such easily accessible public transportation, you can quickly connect to Johannesburg’s vibrant cultural scene. For instance, if you are staying during the weekend you will want to make sure they take a trip downtown to explore the trendy pop-up market, Markets on Main, hosted by Arts on Main every Sunday or visit the impressive historical arts collection at the Johannesburg Art Gallery (JAG).
The city’s bus or taxi services are the most commonly used modes of transportation. The Johannesburg Ring Road, Africa’s most famous beltway, circles the city of Johannesburg and allows drivers to travel through or around the city with ease. Our hotel offers a secure parking garage.
- Sandton Gautrain Station, located directly across from the hotel, offers a short 20-minute commute to and from the O.R. Tambo International Airport through the city’s high-speed rail.
- The O.R. Tambo International Airport is only a 45-minute drive (35 kilometers), depending on traffic, from our hotel.
Directions to the hotel
- Take the R24 toward Johannesburg and travel for about 10 kilometers. At Gillooly’s Interchange, take the N3 (N1) freeway north toward Pretoria. Pass the Modderfontein, London Road and Marlboro Road exits.
- After the Marlboro Road exit, keep left, and take the M1 highway ramp toward Johannesburg at Buccleuch Interchange.
- Traveling south along the M1 to Johannesburg, take the Grayston Drive exit and then turn right at the traffic light onto Grayston Drive. Keep left and continue along Grayston Drive until you reach the intersection of Grayston Drive and Rivonia Road.
- Turn left onto Rivonia Road and continue toward West Street. The Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel will be on your left at the intersection of Rivonia Road and West Street, situated directly opposite the Sandton Gautrain Station.
- For hotel parking, turn left onto West Street and then left into the parking area.