From our Radisson Blu Latvija Conference & Spa Hotel in Riga, located in the Centrs district right in the heart of the city, you can easily stroll through the famous Old Town and Art Nouveau districts. In Riga, it is possible to take in the beauty of both medieval and early 20th century architecture and mere minutes later enjoy a trendy vibe. The Latvian capital has got it all, and we have gathered some of the top attractions in the city that should be on your must-see list.
Top attractions in Riga
- Saktas Flower Market – 300 m. Let your eyes and nose feast on the smells and sights of one of Riga’s most famous attractions, or purchase flowers for your loved ones.
- Freedom Monument – 500 m. This majestic sculpture commemorates soldiers who lost their lives in the Latvian War of Independence from 1918 to 1920.
- Latvian National Opera – 800 m. Enjoy spectacular world-class performances opera and ballet in a historical setting.
- Old Town Riga – 850 m. Wander picturesque streets, explore majestic architecture, check out an art gallery or history museum in this vibrant part of the Latvian Capital
- Laima Chocolate Museum and Factory – 1.3 km. Explore the sweet taste and enticing history of Laima chocolate
- Museum of the Occupation of Latvia – 1.1 km. Learn more about the 51-year period when Latvia was occupied by the USSR and Nazi Germany, spanning from 1940 to 1991.
- St. Peter’s Church – 1.1 km. Experience the view of Riga from the city’s tallest church tower, enjoy an art exhibition, attend a concert or
- Ave Sol Concert Hall – 1.3 km. This former Russian-Orthodox church is the most brilliant example of classicism style architecture in Riga. Today, it serves as a concert hall with a variety of concerts played
- Central Market – 1.3 km. Get up-close and personal with Latvian culture at this massive market, where you can purchase anything from vegetables and fresh meat to clothes and souvenirs
- Bremen Town Musicians - 1.1 km. See the donkey, dog, cat and cockerel peering through the Iron Curtain, a sculpture that takes an ironic view at Latvia’s independence from the USSR
- Church of the Annunciation – 1.5 km. Witness stunning interior architecture and icon works at this Orthodox Church
- Kipsala – 2.7 km. Go for a run or stroll through the area to enjoy a great view of Riga’s old town, just across the Daugava River.
- Victory Park – 2.9 km. Take in the sights of the Soviet War monument or wander around the surrounding park