Whether you’re attending a trade fair at Düsseldorf Messe or enjoying a fashionable weekend getaway, make sure to include a stroll along the gorgeous Rheinuferpromenade, Düsseldorf’s famous esplanade.
From our hotel, the esplanade takes you past beautiful, historical neighborhoods into the city’s Old Town, with many cafés and restaurants lining the way. From the Old Town you can explore the luxury retail stores on Königsallee boulevard, with other prime retailers even closer to the hotel.
For a super fun-fair filled time, the Kirmes Fun Fair is held annually just across the river from the hotel.
Things to see and do
- Media Harbor and Rhine Tower - 800 m - The modernized docklands and business district boasts architecture by the likes of Frank Gehry and landmarks including the Rhine Tower.
- Rhine Promenade - 800 m - Known as the Rheinuferpromenade, this spectacular esplanade is lined with restaurants, bars and boule courts and connects the Media Harbor to the Old Town.
- Königsallee - 3 km - Known as the style mile for its luxury boutiques, this picturesque boulevard is a must visit for an exceptional shopping experience.
- Old Town - 3 km - Known as Altstadt, this area boasts the ‘longest bar in the world’ and is where most of the state capital’s art and culture can be found.
- Goethe Museum - 3.9 km - The museum is located in a former hunting palace, Schloss Jägerhof, and contains around 1,000 works by the poet.
- Mitsubishi Electric Hall - 4.5 km - Indoor arena that hosts a variety of concerts and events with a capacity of 7,500.
- Museum Kunstpalast - 4.8 km - This art museum houses a collection of fine arts from classical antiquities to the present plus workshops, tours and music events.
- Japanese Garden - 5 km - This picturesque and tranquil garden resides in the north west corner of Nordpark and features winding paths, ponds and elegant Japanese maples.
- Messe Düsseldorf - 11 km - The Messe Düsseldorf hosts over 150 events every year.
- ESPRIT Arena - 11 km - A multifunctional stadium situated on the Rhine that hosts sporting events, concerts and shows. It’s also the home of Fortuna Düsseldorf Football Club.
The city’s best shopping
- Düsseldorf Arcaden - 2 km- Shopping and entertainment center featuring the best of the high-street. Take tram 707 from Franziusstraße to Bilker Allee/Franziusstraße. The Arcaden is a short 3-minute walk from the tram stop.
- Kö Galerie & Center - 2.1 km - Located on Königsallee, it’s one of the most exclusive shopping malls in the city. Take tram 706 at Franziusstraße to Steinstraße/Königsallee U. The Galerie is a short 4-minute walk from the tram stop.
- Schadow-Arkaden - 2.4 km - With 3 levels of shops, restaurants and entertainment. Take tram 706 at Franziusstraße to Schadowstraße. The center is a 2-minute walk from the stop.
Major cities nearbyFrom Düsseldorf’s central station, Hauptbahnhof, you can take direct Intercity-Express trains to nearby cities and towns. Making our hotel the idea base for exploring further afield.
- Cologne - 40.3 km – Via an Intercity-Express train in around 24 minutes.
- Frankfurt - 230 km - Via an Intercity-Express train in 1 hour and 30 minutes.