Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
THIS HOTEL PRACTICES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization sponsored by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of this foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Sample of this hotel’s RB activities and achievements
- Bicycle stand in the garage
- Donation box for Save the Children at the front desk
- EUR 1,000 donation, as well as help painting all parent rooms, for a children’s cancer assistance program at the University Clinic Düsseldorf
- RB training for all employees
- Sponsoring a child in Africa in cooperation with Plan International
- Cooking and Donating soups for lunch to support the "ProMädchen Mädchenhaus Düsseldorf e.V."