Responsible Business - Let’s take responsibility!
Hotel practices Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety. That tradition continues with Responsible Business in Tallinn.
RB activities of this hotel
- The hotel participates in a Back to School program.
- Hotel employees partnered with the boarding school Ala Põhikool (Ala Elementary School) to engage young opinion leaders in school activities. Together with young artists, children decorated their boarding school rooms.
- The hotel provides free accommodation for boarding school children when visiting Tallinn and organizes regular charity collections among employees for books, games and necessary items.
- The Green Key eco-label was first awarded to the hotel in 2002 because of the hotel’s efforts to involve employees and guests in reducing negative impact on the environment.
- The hotel supports the University of Tartu Hospital Children’s Fund.
- The World Childhood Foundation is one of our primary charities.
- The hotel gives out an annual scholarship to support young people's development and studies in the tourism industry.