Responsible Business - Let’s take responsibility!
Hotel practices Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety. That tradition continues with Responsible Business in Tallinn.
RB activities of this hotel
- Radisson Blu Hotel Olümpia holds a Green-key certificate, the largest global eco-label for accommodation. In addition to our focus on reducing resource and energy usage, we follow strict environmental guidelines to increase the use of sustainable processes.
- We have been awarded the internationally recognized SafeHotels certification.
- When you meet at Radisson Blu Hotel Olümpia, we make your meeting location carbon free. Blu automatically offsets the carbon footprint of your meeting space at no cost to you, through sustainability projects with First Climate, one of the world’s largest carbon offset organizations. This Experience Meetings program reduces greenhouse gas emissions, while helping to provide people around the world with safe drinking water.
- We support the Tartu University Hospital Children’s Foundation.
- We support the local Bethel’s Centre of Pastoral Care through various donations.
- We cooperate with the Red Cross and support various charity foundations and social homes.
- We focus on our employees’ health by participating jointly in various sporting events.
- We take part of the local annual charity event “Chefs’ Cup”.
- We give out an annual scholarship to support young people's studies, development and working in the tourism industry.