Hotel strives to be a responsible business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being, and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the Rezidor Hotel Group corporate international charity organization, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Green Key eco-label
This hotel has been certified with the Green Key eco-label since April 2011. The Green Key is a worldwide eco-label awarded to leisure organizations such as hotels, conference and holiday centers, campsites and leisure facilities.
Think Planet is Rezidor’s ambitious new energy-saving initiative, designed to help hotels reduce energy consumption by 25% over the next five years. The goal of Think Planet is to minimize running costs, energy consumption and pollution associated with energy use. It was launched as a company-wide project for all Rezidor hotels. All hotels have introduced the Think Planet training videos to staff, and Rezidor’s technical experts are constantly at work to optimize guests’ comfort and the hotel’s performance.
Responsible Business is not just about the environment, but also focuses on the social and economic issues that affect the local community.
- A team from the hotel runs 20 kilometers each year for World Childhood Foundation donations.
- The hotel offers several donation projects to a local community.
- The hotel collects clothes for the Terre Association.
- Employees and friends donate blood.
- Corks are reused and recycled in both restaurants.
- The hotel donates furniture, bedding and equipment to charity groups.
- Paper, cardboard, plastic bottles, metal cans, oil, printer cartridges, fluorescent bulbs, used CD ROMs, magnetic cards, batteries and metal hangers are recycled at the hotel.
- The hotel reduces the amount of packaging in deliveries, and paper is printed front and back.
- Energy-efficient light bulbs are used throughout the hotel.
- Elevators work with counterweight to reduce energy consumption.
- General on/off switches are installed in rooms to conserve electricity.
- Managers and staff are trained in Formula TRIC: Threat Assessment, Risk Evaluation, Incident Response, and Crisis Management and Communication.
- Staff members are trained in first aid and Heart Start defibrillator.
- Managers on duty attend regular security trainings.
- Responsible business is included in all job descriptions.
- The hotel participates in the Earth Hour in March with WWF.
- The hotel organizes stop-smoking days and car-free days for employees.
- Use public transport.
- Deposit used batteries in one of the hotel’s battery boxes.
- Bring corks to the hotel restaurant for recycling.
- Reuse towels.
- Save energy by switching off any appliances not in use.
- Donate unwanted items like toiletries, towels and clothes; leave them for the housekeeping staff or drop them off at the reception desk.
- Propose new solutions or share ideas on personal practices.