RADISSON BLU® PAPER CITY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- TIMING. The Radisson Blu® Paper City Contest (“Contest”) begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) in the United States on September 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on October 12, 2016 (“Contest Period”). The Promoter’s time clock is the official clock for this Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to persons of the age of majority or older in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. Employees, directors, officers, and agents of Radisson Hotels International, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Carlson Hotels, Inc. (“Carlson”), Rezidor Hotels ApS Danmark (“Rezidor”), DigitasLBI Denmark (“LBI”), (collectively, Sponsor, Carlson, Rezidor, and LBI are referred to as the “Administrators”), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, hotel management companies, prize providers, and advertising/promotional agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), as well as the Judges (as defined in section 6) and members of the immediate family or persons living in the same household as such Administrators, Contest Entities, and Judges, are ineligible to participate or win the Prize (as defined in section 8). Winning the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. This Contest is open solely to Entrants (as defined in section 3) who reside in the countries available on the registration page of the Web Site (as defined in section 4). This Contest is void in Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Brazil, Burma, Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Georgia, Iran, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Qatar, Quebec, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates (excluding the Emirate of Dubai), Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Zambia, and any country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a "terrorist supporting" country. Void in any other country or territory where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
- AGREEMENT TO RULES. By participating in this Contest, an individual who meets the eligibility requirements and enters the Contest (individually “Entrant” and collectively “Entrants”) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, Entrant must: (1) access the Contest web site at www.papercity.radissonblu.com (English language version), www.papercity.radissonblu.com/de (German language version), www.papercity.radissonblu.com/fr (French language version), www.papercity.radissonblu.com/da (Danish language version), www.papercity.radissonblu.com/no (Norwegian language version), www.papercity.radissonblu.com/sv (Swedish language version), www.papercity.radissonblu.com/zh (Chinese language version), or www.papercity.radissonblu.com/ru (Russian language version) (“Web Site”); (2) using the indicated input field, correctly identify each of the five (5) real-life destinations recreated within Paper City (“Game”); (3) after completing the Game, Entrant must answer an essay question “Describe your dream destination and why you would like to go there” (“Essay Question”) by typing an answer into the indicated text box (“Essay”). All Essays must be typed in the text box indicated on the Web Site, and be in English, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, German, French, Russian or Chinese, and be at least 250 characters and no more than 1200 characters, except if in Chinese, Essay must be at least 150 characters and no more than 500 characters; (4) Entrants are required to enter complete registration information including name, country of residence, and e-mail address (“Registration Information”). Entrants will also have the option, but will not be required in order to participate in the Contest, to enter their birthdate and/or to sign up for Sponsor’s electronic newsletter. In order for an Entry to be valid, it must include a completed Game, an Essay, all Registration Information, and an eligible Entrant must click on the “I accept” button on the Web Site accepting the Official Rules. Entries that do not supply all of the required components listed above, including, but not limited to, Registration Information, and/or do not answer the Essay are void. All Entries must be received no later than 11:59:59pm CT on October 12, 2016. Entrant may submit one (1) entry per day during the Contest Period; provided, however, that each Essay submitted, is unique and bears no similarities to the same Entrant’s prior submitted Essay(s), including translations. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, undelivered, garbled, damaged, incomplete Entries or submissions, or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. Contest Entities also assume no responsibility for any technical problems in connection with transmission or receipt of Entries including faulty electronic data transmission, traffic congestion on the Internet or on the Web Site, hardware or software error, equipment failure or malfunction, or other online communications problems. Submissions that do not comply with the Content Guidelines or that otherwise contain prohibited, or inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified.
Entrants acknowledge and agree that submission of an Essay grants the Sponsor and its agents a worldwide, perpetual (for any jurisdiction that prohibits perpetual copyright assignment, for the duration of the copyright), non-exclusive license and right to publish, use, edit and adapt the Essay in any way, in any and all media, without consideration to the Entrant, except where prohibited by law. Further, to the extent Entrant may have moral rights in the Entry submitted, he/she hereby waives all such moral rights in favor of Sponsor unless he/she is an Australian resident, or the resident of another jurisdiction which prohibits requiring a waiver of moral rights, in which case such Entrant consents to the Sponsor and its agents doing (or omitting to do) any acts in respect of the Entry which may otherwise constitute an infringement of his/her moral rights.
- CONTENT GUIDELINES: As used herein, “Content” refers to all information, materials, photos, hashtags, captions, descriptions, or other content you submit in connection with your Entry.
By submitting Content, you agree that your Content is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, and you grant Sponsor and its agents a royalty –free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, (including websites and social media platforms), and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Content, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
All Content submitted in the Essay by you must conform to the additional submission guidelines (“Content Guidelines”) set forth herein. Your Content:
- must NOT be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- must not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- must not be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- must not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- other than Sponsor’s trademark and brand, must not contain trademarks, owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- must not contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission;
- must not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
- must not communicate messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
- must not include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace and does not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity;
- must not depict any unlawful, immoral or dangerous act or suggest that any individual should undertake such act;
- must not depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law; and
- must not contain any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable, or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
CONTENT POSTED TO ANY WEBSITE WAS NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF ADMINISTRATOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive any Entry requirement set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
- CONTEST JUDGING: Between October 13, 2016 and November 13, 2016, a panel of three (3) judges appointed by Sponsor (“Judge(s)”) will judge all eligible Entries received. The Judges’ decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Contest. All eligible Entries received will be judged equally based on the following criteria:
- Creativity: How well you describe the destination you would like to visit and why: 40 points
- Personality: Ability to create excitement through storytelling and emotional resonance: 40 points
- Clarity of Writing: 20 points
- WINNER SELECTION: When the evaluation of the eligible Entries is completed, Judges will select the winner (“Winner”) and notify via e-mail by November 14, 2016. If any correspondence (including e-mail) to the Winner is returned as non-deliverable, Prize may be forfeited for the Winner and shall than be granted to the second best Entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address of Entrants. The awarding of the Prize to the Winner is subject to verification, including verification of age and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right not to award the Prize if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries.
Where lawful, Winner may be required to, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and a Publicity Release within seven (7) days of notification in a form provided by Sponsor. Failure to return documents timely, or if winner is found not to be in compliance with these Official Rules or otherwise ineligible, or if any Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, may result in disqualification.
- PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize (“Prize”) – A trip “around the world” for Winner and his/her guest to Winner’s five (5) selected destinations. Winner may choose up to five (5) destinations from cities around the world in which Radisson Blu Hotels and Resorts are located. The Grand Prize consists of the following:
- Round trip coach airfare for Winner and one (1) guest to/from a major airport nearest Winner’s home to the hotel locations within the authorized group of up to five (5) selected destinations chosen by Winner (airports, carrier, seating, and travel times as determined by Sponsor). Travel must begin and end in the same city and Winner must consume the entire Prize in one trip; and
- An e-certificate for double occupancy hotel accommodations at a Radisson Blu hotel for up to thirty (30) nights (each night, a “Stay”) which may be divided by Winner between the five (5) selected destinations (e.g., ten (10) nights in the first selected city; fifteen (15) nights in the second selected city, and so on); provided, that in no event will the maximum number of Stays exceed thirty (30) nights total regardless of how the nights are divided by Winner between the five (5) selected destinations.
Total ARV of the Grand Prize prior to the tax gross-up described below is estimated to be: $14,050 USD / €12,582 EUR (EUR amount an approximation based on conversion rate as of August 12, 2016) or the equivalent amount in the currency of the country where the winner is residing or located. Actual value of Prize will vary based on fluctuations in airfare and hotel room rates and Winner will not receive the difference between actual value and ARV.
E-certificates will expire on December 31, 2017 and may redeemed at Radisson Blu hotels only subject to advanced reservations, are subject to additional terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions set forth on the voucher and are subject to availability and blackout dates including local holidays and special events. Winner will be provided instructions and assistance for booking by Sponsor. Meals (incl. breakfast), gratuities, luggage fees, incidental hotel charges, ground transportation, and any other unspecified travel-related expenses and the sole responsibility of Winner.
Travel (air and hotel) must be booked through Sponsor or its designee. Reservations are required for all flights prior to departure; reservations must be thirty (30) days in advance for the first flight only; ticketing must be done within seventy-two (72) hours after booking and at least thirty (30) days before departure, whichever is earlier. Travel dates are subject to availability; blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. Travel must be booked within one (1) year from the date Winner accepts the Prize or the Prize will be forfeited. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. Once the trip is booked, any changes made at Winner’s request are at Winner’s expense.
The Winner and his/her guest (“Guest”) are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary identification and/or documentation to board any flight or use a Stay at any Radisson Blu Hotel (including but not limited to a valid passport, visa (if applicable) and all other necessary travel documents). Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary and are solely responsible for having all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., Passport or a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel. Winner and Guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance.
No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Any portion of the Prize not accepted by winner shall be forfeited.
Winner’s Guest must be the legal age of majority in his or her state/province/territory/country of residence, or if not the legal age of majority, winner must be minor’s parent or legal guardian.
Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen vouchers or e-certificates. Any portion of the Prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by a winner will be forfeited for which no consideration will be awarded or will be otherwise dealt with in accordance with applicable law. No transfer, refund, cash redemption, substitution or replacement of Prize or any Prize component is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). Prizes are non-transferable.
Except where prohibited by law, the Sponsor will “gross up” the Winner for U.S. withholding taxes payable with respect to the Prize, but the Winner is strictly responsible as a condition of the Contest for timely and properly filing all required tax returns. No substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Winner will be sent or emailed a Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity Form and either a Form W-9 (if a U.S. resident) or a Form W-8BEN (if a non-U.S. resident). The Winner will be required to sign and return the Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity Form and the Form W9 or W-8BEN, as applicable, within the time period stated in the letter accompanying the Declaration/Form. Sponsor/Administrator’s communication to winner will include specific deadlines to complete and return required documents. Once the Winner returns to Sponsor the required and properly completed Form W-9 or Form W-8BEN (as applicable), Sponsor will determine the applicable withholding taxes imposed by U.S. law or applicable tax treaty with respect to the value of the Prize (the ARV), and will pay such taxes to the Internal Revenue Service. Sponsor will provide the Prize Winner with a Form 1099 or other applicable documentation identifying the full amount of the value of the Prize inclusive of any United States withholding taxes paid pursuant to such “gross up.” The Prize Winner is solely responsible for filing all required tax returns and paying any required taxes pursuant to applicable law based on the value of the Prize received (as shown on the Form 1099 or other documentation provided by Sponsor).
If there is any failure to return the required documents by the stated deadlines, or to return any Prize/Prize notification, or if a Winner is found to be ineligible or does not comply with the Official Rules, such Winner may be disqualified and forfeit the Prize. In that event, an alternate Winner may be determined, time permitting.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: If you are determined the Winner, your information may be published by Sponsor. Contest participants agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding and not subject to challenge or appeal. Winner agrees to the maximum extent permitted by law, to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Sponsor other Contest Entities, as well as each of their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives, contractors, advertisers, sponsors, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, loss, damage, cost or claim related to the acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize, including but not limited to the publication of the Essay, and their participation in any Prize-related activities. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, or incomplete Entries, Entries not received by the Entry deadline, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone, computer hardware, software and other technical failures of any kind, including injury or damage to any person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Contest, unauthorized human intervention, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic, including without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entry information online whether caused by Internet users or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, regardless of cause that may limit a user's ability to participate in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries) it finds or believes to be tampering with the Contest Entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry or voting process or the operation of the Contest or any Sponsor or Web Site; (b) violating these Official Rules; (c) violating the Web Sites’ terms of service, conditions of use and/or applicable general rules or guidelines; (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (e) engaging in fraud, dishonesty or illegal activity; (f) attempting to deliberately damage or corrupt or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, and/or Sponsor’s business operations, including without limitation by cheating, hacking, deception, and/or other unfair practices, including but not limited to using automated entry or voting programs and/or devices; (g) colluding to alter the results of the Contest; and/or (h) giving false or misleading information to Sponsor or Contest Entities. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirements of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor may, to the maximum extent permissible by law, sanction any individual who engages in the conduct described in this paragraph or acts in a way that compromises the integrity of the Contest. The nature and extent of such sanction shall be in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion and may include disqualification or loss of privilege to participate in any other Sponsor contests or sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the program as determined by Sponsor/Administrators, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted on www.papercity.radissonblu.com and the judging will be conducted from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to the time of termination. Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Except where prohibited by law, winner grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness and any Entry-related content, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation. By accepting a Prize, winner agrees (and agrees to confirm in writing) to release and hold Sponsor and Contest Entities harmless against any and all claims, damages, losses, expenses and liability arising out of awarding, receipt, possession, acceptance, redemption or use of any Prize. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest, and the acceptance or use of any Prize. Sponsor and the Contest Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of Prize or in the administration of the Contest.
To the extent permitted by law, the parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Minneapolis, Minnesota or the appropriate Minnesota State Court located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota. Laws in a participant’s country of residence may give the participant the right to file claims before the courts of that country and may provide that some laws of that country are also applicable to this Contest. However, if any provision of the these Official Rules or the application of any such provision to any person or circumstance shall be declared to be invalid, unenforceable or void, such decision shall not have the effect of invalidating or voiding the remainder of these Official Rules, it being the intent and agreement of the parties that these Official Rules shall be deemed amended by modifying such provision to the extent necessary to render it valid, legal and enforceable while preserving its intent or, if such modification is not possible, by substituting therefore another provision that is valid, legal and enforceable so as to materially effectuate Sponsor’s intent.
By accepting the Prize, winner agrees, to the maximum extent permitted by law, that (a) the Contest Entities, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize; or from participation in any Prize-related activity or any travel related thereto; (b) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WINNER (AND WINNER’S GUEST) ACCEPTS THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK OF AIR AND INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT WINNER’S PARTICIPATION IN THE TRAVEL IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES WINNER IS PARTICIPATING IN AND WINNER ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT PROMOTION PARTIES SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR (AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COSTS, LOSSES, EXPENSES OR DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH) ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
In the event, and to the extent, that English, French, German, Hong Kong, Norwegian, Singaporean, or any other law applies where a liability limitation concerning death or bodily injury, or any other tort, is not permitted, nothing in these Official Rules shall be taken to limit or exclude any party’s liability for death or bodily injury caused by such party’s negligence, or for fraud or gross negligence.
In respect of Australia, nothing in these Official Rules limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any statutory consumer guarantees or any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which from these Official Rules would contravene any statute or cause any part of these Official Rules to be void.