The Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki’s prime location in the city center is surrounded by an array of activities and cultural attractions. Take the pleasant walk down to the National Theatre or Ateneum Art Museum, then pop in next door at the grand Casino Helsinki. If you are looking for souvenirs, walk to the Market Square and Old Market Hall to find something for friends or family. The Botanical Gardens, Töölö Bay, and Kaisaniemi and Seurasaari parks make for splendid day trips.
Attractions near the hotel
- Casino Helsinki, adjacent to the hotel– A unique world of casino games and entertainment in an international atmosphere.
- Finnish National Theater, 120 m – Has performed national and international theater since 1872.
- Ateneum, Finnish National Gallery, 290 m - This historic gallery lets you rediscover your favorite works of art and fall in love with new ones.
- Botanical Gardens, 600 m – A part of the Finnish Museum of Natural History, which lets you discover a world of plants.
- Helsinki Cathedral, 650 m – One of the city’s most popular attractions, and the stage of national and academic festive services.
- Kaisaniemi Park, 850 m – Located alongside the Central Railway Station, this is a great place for recreation and includes the University Botanical Gardens.
- Töölö Bay, 1 km – Go on a relaxing stroll on the popular walking path circling around this beautiful bay.
- Market Square and Old Market Hall, 1,1 km – Sample great food and tasty beverages at the Old Market Hall and enjoy people watching at the central Market Square.
- Sinebrychoff Art Museum, 1,5 km – House museum of Paul and Fanny Sinebrychoff, including twenty different art collections of paintings, sculptures, prints and drawings.
- Uspenski Cathedral, 1,5 km – The largest orthodox church in Western Europe, with a beautiful façade consisting of redbrick and golden cupolas.
- Linnanmäki Amusement Park, 3,3 km – Choose from 44 rides, 13 restaurants and a range of other, entertaining attractions at this colorful park.
- SeaLife Helsinki Aquarium, 3,3 km – Discover the amazing underwater world with up close views of beautiful and fascinating deep sea creatures at SeaLife.
- Hartwall Arena, 5,6 km – Multipurpose arena for sports, concerts and other events, with a seating capacity of 2,000.
- Seurasaari Open-Air Museum, 6,4 km – A tranquil oasis on a beautiful green island, with the museum displaying the traditional way of life in Finland.