Explore cultural sites and fjords
Situated in the commercial district, this hotel is just a short walk from both the shops of Karl Johans gate (street) and must-see cultural attractions, like the Royal Palace and National Gallery. Tour the historic Akershus Fortress and then attend an evening performance at the Norwegian National Opera & Ballet. With the Vigeland Park and the majestic Oslo fjords less than four kilometers away, you can enjoy activities like outdoor sightseeing, hiking, cycling and boating.
- Oslo Spektrum Arena – adjacent to hotel. Hosts performances by the world’s top entertainers as well as large-scale trade fairs and conventions
- Karl Johans gate – 500 m. Oslo’s main street, which connects Oslo Central Station and the Royal Palace.
- The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet – 500 m. Located right on the harbor, the architecture of this beautiful building makes it look like it rises from the water.
- Aker River – 600 m. The river runs through the city with a walking trail next to it, and is a protected cultural area.
- Akershus Fortress – 1 km. The building was built in the 1300’s, and is a great place to discover the history of Oslo.
- National Gallery – 1 km. Home to Norway’s biggest public collection of paintings, drawings and sculptures, with permanent and changing exhibitions.
- Royal Palace – 1 km. The main residence of Norway’s royal family, open to the public during summer.
- Munch Museum – 1,6 km. Museum dedicated to Edvard Munch, one of the most significant artists of the Modernism.
- The Botanical Garden – 1.8 km. A part of the Natural History Museum, and includes more than 5,500 plant species from all over the world.
- Oslo Fjord – 2,7 km. A scenic gem of the Oslo area, and a popular outdoor and recreational area.
- Vigeland Park – 3,5 km. The world’s largest sculpture park made by a single artist. Open to visitors all year around.
- Norwegian Museum of Cultural History – 6,4 km. Dedicated to showing Norwegian peoples way of live from 1500 to the present.
- Holmenkollen Ski Museum and Tower – 9 km. A historic landmark and the world oldest museum specialized in skiing.