Green hotel in Oslo promotes Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan, covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
The Nordic Radisson Blu hotels have been awarded the Green Key eco-label for 2015. Green Key is a leading international eco-label, currently existing in over 40 countries. The certification is supported by the World Tourism Organization as well as by the UN environment program, UNEP. Our hotels actively work to reduce their impact on the climate and the environment.
- General manager's informative monthly letter
- RB information placed in each guest room
- RB fact sheet in all sales activities and contracts
- Use of organic and ecologically sound products when available
- Introductory RB program for all new staff
- Quarterly RB training courses
- RB activity calendar focusing on monthly social and environmental challenges
- RB information board and internal information channel
- Close cooperation with the Salvation Army
- Cooperation with the city of Oslo as a support center for relatives and friends in need in time of municipal crisis
- Reduction of energy and water consumption
- Reduction of waste generation
- Eco-labeled Green Key