HOTEL PRACTICES RESPONSIBLE BUSINESSTaking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Radisson Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include:
- Blue Flag Certified
- Collaborating with the Foundation for Children with Leukemia
- Donating blood in cooperation with Turkish Red Crescent Society
- Donating clothes for schools in cooperation with Turkish Red Crescent Society
- Green Key Certified
- Ministry of Tourism Green Star Certified
- Sponsoring major sports events for promoting a healthy lifestyle
- Placing cards in bathrooms to remind guests to conserve water by reusing linens and towels