Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years.
Our Responsible Business is focused on the following 3 pillars:
- Think planet: Reducing our impact on the environment
- Think people: Taking care of the health and safety of guests and employees
- Think together: Demonstrating social and ethical leadership in the company and community
AT THE RADISSON BLU RESORT & SPA, GRAN CANARIA Mogán
- We train our staff and build their awareness to be environmentally and socially engaged in their work and private lives.
- We inform and provide our clients access to activities related to Responsible Business at Carlson Rezidor.
- We collaborate with each other to find innovative solutions to meet social and environmental objectives of the company, as well as economic ones.
- We work with suppliers committed to the environment, acquiring products that have little or no environmental impact throughout their life cycle.
- We comply with relevant local, national and international legislation, especially considering labor laws, health and safety, human rights and the environment.
- We continually strive to reduce consumption of energy, water and chemicals, and waste generation to reduce our negative impact on the environment.
- We promote the consumption of local products and cuisine, which have less negative impact on the environment by not needing to be imported.
- We offer our clients and employees activities in the nature of Gran Canaria to value the environment we want to protect.
- We collaborate by organizing and participating in the collection and donation of school supplies for a local charity.
- In January 2016 we organized a fundraising drive among employees to raise funds for the local community.
- Various food and clothes drives throughout the year, including those in which used toys are distributed to the needy in collaboration with local charity organizations.
- We participate in Carrera de Empresas, a local race organized for local companies to promote team spirit.
We actively participate with the following Responsible Business Activities:
Just A Drop
Every time 250 guests choose to reuse a towel in a Radisson Blu hotel we help to providing someone with safe drinking water for life. This makes a real change in people’s lives – for example in the Ikalaasa Secondary School for 400 students where we provided a water tank. This means the girls have access to safe drinking water and to sanitation at school.
It also means the school could free up budget (previously spent on buying water) to build a new science lab.
BLU PLANET is Radisson Blu’s Responsible Business focus on water. It started with the new towel reuse program CHOOSE TO REUSE HELPS SAVE LIVES
For every 250 bath towels reused, the hotels give a child safe drinking water for life
In 2015 we provided safe drinking water for life to 5,000 children.
With the charity, Just A Drop (www.justadrop.org).
In just 1,5 years we have helped save 6,900 lives
(the shared value is in the cost savings, the reduced impact on the planet for the hotel combined with the positive impact in the community)
We also collaborate and participate in:
- The collection and donation of school supplies for local charity organizations.
- In January, we organize a fund-raising event between the staff to raise funds for the local community.
- A year round collection campaigns of food and clothes which also includes distribution of used toys in collaboration with local charities.
- Participation in “Carrera de Empresas”, a local fun run organized by local companies to develop team spirit.