Jizan seafront resort strives to be a responsible business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children's rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
This hotel's RB activities and achievements include the following:
- The resort collects and recycles aluminum cans, bottles and paper.
- The resort converts eggshells, vegetable and fruit peelings and food scraps into fertilizer for its gardens.
- The resort converts empty plastic containers from various foods and chemicals into pots to propagate plants for the gardens.
- The resort uses energy-efficient light bulbs.
- The hotel staff and management plant trees to support the effort to "Go Green!"
- The resort uses grey-water recycling tanks to irrigate its gardens and capture backwash water from the swimming pools, which is collected and used for washing the resort's vehicles.
- The resort collects clothing donations for victims of catastrophes.
- The resort has been an Active Corporate Member of the Saudi Environmental Group
- The resort participates annually to collection drive and Clean Up Saudi campaign.
Health, safety and security
- A medical check-up program is provided for hotel staff.
- Resort staff receives training in first aid, firefighting, Responsible Business practices, safety and security.
- The resort's public areas are monitored by closed-circuit cameras.
- The resort works with food suppliers that are HACCP certified.