RADISSON BLU RESORT, SPLIT PRACTICES THE IDEALS OF A RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children's rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Radisson Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
This hotel's RB activities and achievements include:
- The resort collects aluminum cans, glass and plastic bottles, cardboard and paper for recycling.
- The resort uses energy-efficient light bulbs.
- The resort provides guests and staff with containers for disposal of old batteries.
- The resort uses aerators in all hotel taps and showers, drastically reducing the water flow.
- Water-Water and Think Green schemes for towel and bedding exchange greatly reduce water and detergent usage.
- The kitchen maintains its own herb garden, which provides herbs such as rosemary, basil and chives.
- The hotel beach has been certified as a Blue Flag beach, which means it fulfills strict environmental, social, and health and safety criteria.
- The hotel is the 1st in Croatia to hold the prestigious international Green Key eco-label.
- The resort provides all staff members with extensive RB training opportunities in cooperation with the Radisson Hotel Group headquarters.
- The resort cooperates with local producers of organic food.
- The resort offers a range of environmentally friendly eco-tours.
- Guests can rent both standard bicycles and battery-powered cycles in the lobby.
- The resort plans to increase its use of solar energy.
- The resort collected clothing donations for the local Red Cross.
- The resort donates 2 types of soup to the local Caritas kitchen every Monday.
- The resort actively participates in various festivities with the local orphanage, Maestral.
- The resort collects used shampoo and shower gel bottles and donates them to the local Caritas shelter for the homeless and those on social welfare.
- All staff members receive training in first aid, firefighting, RB practices, safety and security.
- The resort's public areas are monitored via closed-circuit TV cameras.
- The resort works with food suppliers that are HACCP and ISO certified.
- Annual Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor® received yearly since 2011 for outstanding quality of service and accommodation
- Annual Award for Best Congress Hotel in Croatia 2015
- Annual Award for Best Leisure Hotel in Croatia 2015 - 2nd place
- Certificate of Appreciation received from the local Caritas office for helping the local kitchen with food donations
- The Blue Flag certification received yearly since 2011 for the hotel beach
- The prestigious Green Key international eco-label achieved in June 2016
- Guests can support the World Childhood Foundation by donating funds at the reception desk or by selecting to donate EUR 1 per night during check-in at the reception desk.
- Guests can reuse towels by hanging them back on the rack; this helps conserve water and limits the use of chemical detergents.
- Guests can choose to not have their linens exchanged by hanging our special Think Green door hanger on the inside of the room.
- Guests can dispose of old batteries in special battery-shaped containers in the lobby.