Hotel practices Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group’s broader commitment to sustainable development for many years.
In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, as well as environmental improvements.
Since implementing the Responsible Business program in Djerba, we have engaged in many actions for the protection of the local environment:
The Radisson Blu Ulysse Resort & Thalasso, Djerba was awarded with The Green Key certification by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) in 2013.
We provide yearly donations to the following:
- l’UTAIM: Non-profit organization that helps disabled children
- Association Tunisienne des Villages d’Enfants SOS: Non-profit organization that helps battered or orphan children
- Association Vent De Jasmin
- The purchasing of local products to encourage Tunisian agriculture
The staff attends the Responsible Business course and is trained on energy saving actions and recycling.
- Should they be available locally, we favor environmentally friendly products.
- We look for suppliers with an eco-certification, just like us, who will understand and abide by our standards.
Our guests are always welcome to engage in Responsible Business with us. Detailed information about our actions is available in the Responsible Business corner, located in the lobby next to the Business Centre.
- We offer a healthy environment with non-smoking rooms in over 80% of the hotel.
- All common areas offer smoking and non-smoking areas.
- Our hotel staff is trained to sort waste from the rooms, separating plastic bottles from glass, paper and hazardous waste.
- We prefer using fresh and local products if available on the market.