Hotel practices Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group’s broader commitment to sustainable development for many years.
In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, as well as environmental improvements.
Since implementing the Responsible Business program on Djerba, we have engaged in many actions to protect the local environment:
The Radisson Blu Ulysse Resort & Thalasso, Djerba was awarded Green Key certification by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) in 2015.
We purchase local products to encourage Tunisian agriculture. We also provide yearly donations to the following:
- l’UTAIM: Non-profit organization that helps disabled children
- Association Tunisienne des Villages d’Enfants SOS: Non-profit organization that helps battered or orphaned children
- Association Vent De Jasmin
- The staff attends the Responsible Business course and is trained on energy saving actions and recycling.
- Our hotel staff is trained to sort waste from the rooms, separating plastic bottles from glass, paper and hazardous waste.
- Should they be available locally, we favor environmentally friendly products.
- We prefer using fresh and local products if available on the market.
- We look for suppliers who, like us, have eco-certification and will understand and abide by our standards.
We invite our guests to engage in Responsible Business with us. Detailed information about our actions is available in the Responsible Business corner, located in the lobby next to the Business Center.
- We offer a healthy environment with nonsmoking rooms in over 80% of the hotel.
- All common areas offer smoking and nonsmoking areas.