Visit the largest ski destination in the country
Although Trysil well-known and widely popular as a prime ski resort, there are several other winter activities thriving here as well, such as dog sledding and romantic sleigh rides. This premier mountain location offers recreation for warmer months as well. You can bike, hike or take a horseback ride up to scenic elevations. The area also supports whitewater rafting and a safari where you can see moose and beavers in their natural habitat. Additionally, the hotel offers proximity to museums, where you can explore interesting local history and culture.
- Trysilfjellet ski area – 0 km. This is a ski-in, ski-out hotel, meaning you are practically on the slopes already when walking out the door, with the ski lift right in front of you.
- Cross country trails – Trysilfjellet offers 100 km cross-country trails starting only 0,5 km from the hotel. The options are many, short or long trips in varied terrain. There are also lots of nice trails and cross country trips elsewhere in Trysil.
- Trysil Ski Museum – 2 km. Did you know Trysil is considered the birthplace of skiing? Visit the museum and get to know this interesting story as well as others about skiing legends and great winter Olympians.
- Trysil Engerdal Museum – 2 km. This is a cultural history museum with buildings all over Trysil and Engerdal municipalities, including an open air museum at Trysil Bygdetun with a collection of 17th, 18th and 19th century buildings from the area.
- Støa Kanal – 15 km. Visit this timber flooding plant that was built to make it easier to transport timber from the area to Sweden during the 1800’s.
- Høyt & Lavt Climbing Park – 400 m. A high-flying experience for children and adults with 5 trails and 64 elements in the trees.
- Trysil Bike Arena – 400 m. Biking in Trysil is great fun. Enjoy Gullia, Mountain Circuit and a well-signposted network of forest and mountain trails. Trysil Bike Arena has something for the whole family and for all levels of ability and experience.
- Trysilfjellet Golf – 800 m. The main course consists of 18 holes, par 72. In addition there is a 4 hole "Pay & Play" short course, which is an excellent opportunity for those who want to perfect their golf game.