Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, you will find plenty to do in Gothenburg. The hotel’s location in the harbor is close to Lindholmen Science Park and Conference Centre as well as many businesses, shopping districts and museums dedicated to the region’s rich maritime history. Attend a performance at the Backa Theater, and then stroll through the 19th century gardens at the Garden Society. Continue your nature adventure with a trip to the castle forest of Slottsskogen. For something different, visit Scandinavia’s largest amusement park, Liseberg, for a day full of fun entertainment.
Attractions close to the hotel
- Lindholmen Science Park, adjacent to the hotel – An international collaborative environment for research, innovation and education within transport, ICT and media.
- Backa Theater, 400 m – An off-shoot of the Gothenburg National Theater, aiming to inspire the younger generation through theater.
- The Gothenburg Opera, 1.5 km – An architecturally beautiful building full of opera, musicals, concerts and dance performances.
- Slottsskogen park and zoo, 2 km – The city’s largest park and zoological garden, with large lawns, hiking trails, animals and even an outdoor dance floor.
- The Garden Society, 2 km – Called Trädgårdsforeningen in Swedish, this is one of the finest examples of Victorian gardening in Europe.
- Nordstan shopping mall, 2.5 km – The largest shopping mall in Scandinavia, offering fashion, interior, electronics, toys and much more.
- Museum of Art, 4.2 km – The world’s foremost collection of Nordic paintings from the turn of the century, as well as both modern and older Western artworks.
- Liseberg amusement park, 4.6 km – 40 rides, attractions, games, events, restaurants and cafés can be found in this charming amusement park which opened in 1923.
- Volvo factory and visitor’s center, 8.6 km – Take a factory tour to get a unique insight into one of Sweden’s most important industries, and test-drive their newest cars.