Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Learn more about our Responsible Business activities
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Responsible Business activities:
- Annual blood donation
- “Buy a Breakfast, Give a Breakfast,” a fundraising initiative supporting the World Childhood Foundation. The aim of the campaign was to provide 3,500 breakfasts for children across the world who don’t have access to a proper meal.
- The Radisson Blu Royal Hotel brought ‘Super Breakfast’ to Super Children in Brussels, where we shared a full breakfast with 50 children in need from “La Flèche,” a Belgian children’s home.
- The “Pink Breakfast” action month, a prevention campaign dedicated to breast cancer. Radisson Blu guests can top up their usual breakfast with items containing antioxidants and natural substances which help prevent cancer. Guests also have the opportunity to freely donate EUR 1 per stay to Europa Donna, which pushes for optimal treatment and increased funding for research.
- The “Tree planting” at Soignes Forest in Belgium has also become an integral part of the annual agenda to help balance our CO2 impact. This year, Radisson Blu teams have planted no less than 1700 trees!
- This year, Brussels Hotels supported The World Childhood Foundation and the Earth Nepal quake by running in “The 20km of Brussels” race, for which almost €10.000 was donated.
- For every 250 bath towels our guests re-use, The Radisson Blu Hotels give a child safe drinking water for life. Each year, we estimate this will save up to 12,000 children in the world.
- Once a year, The Radisson Blu Royal Hotel switches off all lights for one hour to join the “Earth Hour” action and protect the planet.