Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Learn more about our Responsible Business activities
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Responsible Business activities
- For every 250 bath towels our guests re-use, Radisson Blu Hotels give a child safe drinking water for life. Each year, we estimate this will save up to 12,000 children in the world.
- Have you heard about the carbon footprint?
- Once a year, the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel switches off all lights for one hour to join the “Earth Hour” action and protect the planet.
- The hotel staff participate in an annual blood donation drive.
- The “Pink Breakfast” action month, a prevention campaign dedicated to breast cancer awareness. Radisson Blu guests can top up their usual breakfast with items containing antioxidants and natural ingredients that may help prevent cancer. Guests also have the opportunity to donate EUR 1 per stay to Europa Donna, which pushes for optimal treatment and increased funding for research.
- The Radisson Blu Royal Hotel brought ‘Super Breakfast’ to Super Children in Brussels, where we shared a full breakfast with 50 children in need from “La Flèche,” a Belgian children’s home.
- The staff take part in “Buy a Breakfast, Give a Breakfast,” a fundraising initiative supporting the World Childhood Foundation, which provides 3,500 breakfasts for children across the world who don’t have access to a proper meal.
- The “Tree planting” at Soignes Forest in Belgium has also become an integral part of the annual agenda to help balance our CO2 impact. This year, Radisson Blu teams have planted no less than 1700 trees!
- This year, Brussels Hotels supported The World Childhood Foundation and Nepal earthquake victims by running in “The 20km of Brussels” race, for which almost EUR 10.000 was donated.