NEARBY DUBLIN ATTRACTIONS
Get to know the Irish capitalDublin is known for its vibrant, dynamic atmosphere. The city centre is fairly small and easy to navigate by foot. Discover cultural hotspots and social hubs as you wander the cobbled streets. Indulge in a pint of the black stuff in one of many quaint pubs, or relax with a cup of tea in a cosy café. The Irish capital is yours to explore.
Read on for a handy list of attractions close to the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin.
- St. Patrick's Cathedral - 500 m. Pay a visit to the National Cathedral of the Church of Ireland. It was founded in 1191, and the interior is a sight to behold.
- Dublin Castle - 600 m. Today, this serves as a major Irish government complex. It’s also home to 2 museums, cafés and gardens.
- Christ Church Cathedral - 400 m. Known more formally as the Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, this majestic cathedral was founded in 1030.
- Temple Bar - 1 km. A world-famous area on the south bank of the River Liffey. This is known as Dublin’s cultural quarter, and is especially lively at night.
- Trinity College - 1 km. Ireland’s oldest university, and one of the seven ancient universities of Britain and Ireland.
- Dublin Airport - 12 km. Dublin’s gateway to the rest of the world is just a half-hour drive away.
- City Hall - 650 m. This beautiful 18th-century building on Parliament Street is worth a visit. The council has won awards for its successful restoration, which took place at the beginning of the century.
- Grafton Street - 750 m. Dublin’s premier shopping thoroughfare. Watch street performers, pick up souvenirs and indulge in some retail therapy.