Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility!
Hotel practices Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements. The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the Foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel
- Undergo Living Responsible Business training
- Receive first-aid training
- Informed of the hotel's Responsible Business work and policy with an in-room information packet
- Chosen by the hotel for their environmentally friendly and socially responsible practices
- Donates food to homeless people
- Organizes different activities that profit the World Childhood Foundation
- Sponsors the Swedish Childhood Cancer Foundation
- Pursues an initiative of environmental certification (ongoing activity)
- Undertakes energy-saving measures such as heat conservation, recycling and reducing water use