Experience the captivating capital of Sweden
Our location in the heart of the city places guests of Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel Stockholm near the capital’s best attractions. Less than 2 kilometers from the hotel lies the Royal Palace, the official residence and principal workplace of the Swedish monarch. Make plans to see the Vasa Museum, the most visited non-art museum in Scandinavia, the Fotografiska museum of photography and Moderna Museet modern art museum.
- The House of Culture (Kulturhuset) - 400 m – Located at Sergel’s torg; Kulturhuset is a hub of creativity, hosting a variety of events, plays, exhibitions, concerts and screenings.
- NK - 700 m – Step into a world of pure luxury at Stockholm’s famous department store, NK. Established in 1915 and just as relevant today.
- Stureplan (shopping and restaurants) - 1 km – Stureplan is synonymous with glamorous lifestyles. The clubs, shops and dining venues here are a favorite of the city’s VIP’s.
- National Museum - 1.1 km – Get your dose of Rembrandt and famous works of other well-known artists among the many collections at the National Museum.
- The Royal Palace - 1.7 km – One of the largest in Europe, the Royal Palace is the official residence of His Majesty the King of Sweden, containing no less than 5 museums!
- Stockholm City Hall - 1.9 km – Join a guided tour of the building for a peek inside City Hall and climb up to the top of the tower for fantastic cityscapes.
- Old Town (Gamla Stan) - 2.0 km – A stroll around Gamla Stan is a must for any Stockholm trip, with its narrow cobbled streets, boutiques, eateries, cafés and gorgeous buildings.
- Museum of Modern Art - 2.2 km – Step inside to find an unbelievable collection of art from artists and legends such as Picasso, Dalí and Matisse.
- Vasa Museum - 2.5 km – Marvel at the size of the amazingly decorated 69-meter long warship Vasa that sank in Stockholm in 1628.
- Fotografiska Museum - 2.6 km – Hobbyists and professionals should all make a visit to one of the world’s largest museums for contemporary photography.
- Gröna Lund - 3 km – Take the ferry out to the Gröna Lund amusement park to see why it’s a favourite of locals and visitors alike, with thrilling rides and a great atmosphere.
- ABBA The Museum - 3.3 km – Voulez vouz, because who wouldn’t want to visit the museum dedicated to the Swedish pop music legends.
- Ericsson Globe Arena - 4.3 km –Visit the Globe Arena to catch your favourite performers live, or to take the SkyView gondola to the top of the worlds largest spherical building.
- Tele2 Arena - 6.2 km – Just south of the city center is the multi-purpose stadium of Tele2 Arena, mostly used for large concerts and football matches.