Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Hotel practices Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
Environmental policy for Radisson Blu Saga Hotel
Radisson Blu Saga Hotel aims to be a model in environmental issues. Our focus is primarily on the following:
We focus on lowering electrical and, to some extent, gas energy consumption.
We constantly work to reduce water consumption in all departments by purchasing high-efficient equipment and by providing education and information for all employees and guests.
Our major focus is to reduce the quantity of waste while increasing our level of recycling.
As a constant reminder of our environmental policy, managers emphasize that
- Employees are educated about the environment; for example, RB courses are obligatory for all employees.
- Department administrators are responsible for issues that they can influence in their departments.
This hotel's RB activities and achievements include
- All employees are fully trained in RB principles within their first 3 months on the job.
- All employees receive first-aid training, including training in operating a portable heart defibrillator.
- The hotel collects money for the World Childhood Foundation.
Employee health initiatives
- The hotel canteen offers well-balanced daily fare.
- The hotel encourages employees to exercise by paying a part of their gym membership.
- Every year, staff members can take part in a "bike to work" initiative that encourages people to bike, run or walk to work for 20 days in teams to improve staff morale as well as health.
Hotel Environment Month activities
- Pink night in Grillið to support the Women's Cancer Fund.
- Blood drive to encourage staff members to become donors.
- Yearly Responsible Business event where the hotel gathers suppliers and buyers together for a fussball tournament. Admission fees go to local charity Barnahus.
- Green Key Award (2014 - 2016)
- GreenLeaders GOLD Award by TripAdvisor 2016