Culture is abound in Denmark, and our hotel’s location near Copenhagen International Airport puts the city at your fingertips. You can easily explore all that the area has to offer, as many attractions are within walking distance of our hotel. Christiania, a unique community that is one of the Danish capital’s most popular places to visit and the Hans Christian Andersen museum are all located nearby.
Head to Tivoli Gardens to enjoy the walkways and thrill rides found in one of the oldest amusement parks in the world. Be sure to meander along Strøget, one of Europe’s largest pedestrian streets, filled with shops, cafes, live music and many other forms of entertainment. Just a few kilometers away sits the famous Little Mermaid Statue, a must-see monument to one of H.C. Andersen’s most celebrated stories.
Copenhagen’s top attractions
- Casino Copenhagen. Our on-site , the only one in the Danish capital, allows you to try your luck at several different games. Roulette, blackjack, poker, punto banco and plenty of slot machines await your visit.
- Christiania – 1.5 km. This green and car-free neighborhood is best known for its autonomous inhabitants’ different way of life. It was established in 1971 by a group of hippies who occupied some abandoned military barracks and developed their own set of society rules, completely independent of the Danish government.
- Amalienborg Palace – 2.8 km. Majestic Amalienborg Palace is made up of four identical buildings, all extraordinary examples of Danish rococo architecture. Today, it serves as the royal family’s official residence. Amalienborg is open to the public and a must-see is the changing of the Royal Guard.
- Christiansborg Palace – 1.8 km. Follow in the footsteps of royalty and step into Danish history at Christiansborg Palace. Today, the palace serves as the home to the Danish parliament as well as the royal family’s official receptions.
- Rosenborg Castle – 2.8 km. Immerse yourself in royalty at majestic Rosenborg Castle. Here, 400 years of splendor, royal art treasures and the Crown Jewels and Royal Regalia awaits your visit.
- Christianshavn – 1 km. Ever-popular Christianshavn offers a wide range of cultural experiences. If you want to spend an evening at the opera, experience a cool museum or just watch life go by at the docks, then this is the place for you. The area has a chill atmosphere, wicked history and beautiful sights.
- Copenhagen University - 2.1 km. Denmark’s second largest and oldest university has several different campuses spread across town. The oldest of them all is located in central Copenhagen at Vor Frue Plads,
- Bust of Georg Brandes – 3 km. See the prominent Danish literary critic Georg Brandes bust, commemorating what is regarded as the theorist behind the “modern breakthrough” of Scandinavian culture
- Kastellet (The Citadel) – 3.4 km. Kastellet is one of the best preserved star fortresses in Northern Europe. A number of buildings reside within the grounds of Kastellet, including a church as well as a windmill. The area still houses various military activities but mainly serves as a public park and a historic site.
- Kongens Have (King’s Garden) – 2.4 km. The majestic flowerbeds that make up Kongen’s Have, sometimes referred to as Rosenborg Garden, is a spectacular sight. Today, the gardens are a popular retreat in the center of Copenhagen, frequented by locals and visitors alike.
- Nationalbanken – 1.6 km. The Central Bank of Denmark, Nationalbanken, is a striking architectural gem. Architectural mastermind Arne Jacobsen designed this stone and glass façade building, which embodies the values of the nation’s prime money manager.
- Tivoli Gardens – 1.5 km. Tivoli is a Danish national treasure, and a must-visit for anyone spending time in Copenhagen. This amusement park and garden complex features something for everyone, ranging from exotic architecture and historic buildings to thrilling rides and fairytale atmosphere’s at night.