Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include
- All employees are trained in Responsible Business practices within the first 3 months of their employment.
- All employees receive first-aid and defibrillator training.
- Proceeds from employee parties and activities are donated to the World Childhood Foundation.
- The hotel donates excess soap and shampoo on a regular basis to the local shelter Sundholm.
- The hotel limits smoking to one separate area.
- All employees are offered free classes on smoking cessation.
- Employees have access to our on-site gym facilities to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Professional massage is offered at favorable prices to all employees.
- The canteen serves well-balanced daily fare.