Christmas Markets in Düsseldorf
Christmas in Düsseldorf is magical, and even more so if you visit one of the colorful Christmas markets. As night falls, the city becomes illuminated by sparkling lights bringing a warmth to the brisk December nights. At the many wooden market stalls and carved pavilions, you can find artisan crafted toys and souvenirs, warm gingerbread, savory sausages and pretzels, as well as spiced mulled wines, ales and ciders.
Great Christmas spirit in DüsseldorfSpread across 7 locations, the traditional Christmas markets will welcome you with a broad range of seasonal snacks and various activities. Besides the market stalls, you can experience the iconic old carousel, which has been part of the markets for more than 100 years, and the outdoor ice skating rink that attracts hundreds of people daily. You can also stop by the renowned Düsseldorf Funfair, which adopts a seasonal twist during Christmas, and enjoy a ride in one of the many attractions here.
Location of the marketsAs Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel in Düsseldorf is located near the Old Town, you will be close to most of Düsseldorf’s Christmas markets:
- Flingerstrasse is a mile-long shopping street stretching through the Old Town and the market here is home to a myriad of mulled wine stalls and nativity windmills.
- Engelchenmarkt is located at the Heinrich Heine Platz also in the atmospheric Old Town, and is dedicated to traditional arts and crafts in carved wooden huts.
- The Königsallee market is one of Dusseldorf's most famous with stalls set on either side of the famous shopping street, which is lined with chestnut trees covered in lights.
- The market at Schadowstrasse is dedicated to artisan craftwork and sells the finest trinkets and painted houses.
- Sternchenmarkt is situated on the small bridge 'Stadtbrueckchen' and stretches into the courtyard of Wilhelm Marx Haus, where blue-roofed huts and several cafés are set around a music fountain.
- The Jan Wellem Platz market near Hofgarten park is home to the popular ice rink.
- The iconic carousel can be found at Marktplatz, which is located at the city hall square. The renaissance building makes a beautiful backdrop while you explore the many stalls.