Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility!
Hotel practices Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, as well as environmental improvements. The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
This hotel's RB activities and achievements include:
- A Nordic Swan Eco-label, first among this city’s hotels
- Action plan for water use, energy consumption, waste, recycling and purchasing
- Better recycling during room renovations
- Eco-training during department meetings
- Exercise options for staff with wellness costs partially covered
- Installation with staff training of heart defibrillators, making parent company Sokotel Ltd. the first hotel company in Finland to do so
- Special work-life balance program for night auditors