We are proud to take care
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group broader commitment to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business. Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
Our hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group corporate international charity organization, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
The Radisson Blu Style Hotel Vienna has been awarded the Green Key. Green Key certification is given by the FEE (Foundation for Environmental Education) and has been awarded to 2,500 tourist facilities in 53 countries. It is based on criteria that go beyond a country’s environmental requirements; to be Green Key certified is to be actively creating a sustainable environment and community for the future.
Green Key criteria
- Employee training
- Energy- and water-saving practices
- Environmental management
- Information for guests about our efforts
- Local and sustainable food sources
- Waste management and recycling
- Charity "Punsch Stand" for the needs of children
- CliniClowns Austria
- Earth Hour
- Erste Bank Vienna Night Run - Donation to “Licht für die Welt”
- Just a Drop Charity - Water-saving initiative through towel reuse program
- SOS Kinderdorf
- St. Anna Children's Hospital
- Waste management program by cleaning the famous Volksgarten in Vienna
- World Childhood Foundation